Subject: Re: Radial Fire Effect...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 00:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, Adrian Onsen wrote:

> 	I heed to make a texture on a surface, which resembles fire. 
> That's not something I haven't done before, but the tricky part is that 
> this fire has to be on a disk, and it has to burn from the outside in. 
> Middle of the disk being black (or transpatrent) and the outside of the 
> disk is where the fire originates.
> 	Too bad LW doesn't have a radial fractal noise texture...
> 
> 	How can I accomplish this???? I still can't think of any way to 
> do this, since the effect is radial, not rectangular...

Model a cone, set the surface name and save it....then move the top point 
of the cone down so that it's level with the bottom of the cone (a flat 
disk) and then go to the Polygon panel and Remove all polygons and save 
this object.  Map your fire texture (or image map) onto the cone's 
surface and do a 100% morph to the flattened cone (disk) shape.

Should do the trick.

                                     -David Warner

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]